Even confirmed brussels sprouts haters often love this dish. Roasting brings out the nutty flavor of the vegetable.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Type: Side dish
Be careful not to over-cook!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 T olive oil
- kosher or sea salt (try Maldon)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tough stem end from sprouts.
- Slice sprouts in half, long-wise, also removing tough outer layer of leaves. Very small sprouts can be left whole.
- Place sprouts in roasting pan with olive oil, sal and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Sprouts are done when they are slightly crisp outside and still tender inside.