Author:: from chow.com
For our first Movie Night, the film is set in France. Voilà!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, more if you like
- About 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or safflower oil
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- Celery salt to taste or fleur-de-sel French sea salt
- Melt the butter with the crushed garlic, ever so gently, in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the popcorn, tossing to coat. Cover, and shake the pan over high heat until all the corn has popped. Remove from the heat.
- Pluck the garlic gloves from the butter and pour over the popcorn. Toss.
- Add the herbes de Provence and plenty of celery salt. Toss again. Season with regular salt to taste, and serve.